Thursday, March 01, 2007

John's Birthday Luck

As much as I would have liked to wake up knowing I'm a millionaire (or even a thousandaire!) on my birthday it was nice to know that at least we didn't blank out on the drawing. We won $21 as a group last night. No one else won the jackpot either which now climbs to over $100 million. We also just eclipsed $800 for how much money we've won collectively as a pool in just over the past year. I think that's a pretty decent record- but hopefully this year will blow that figure out of the water!

If no one wins Saturday we'll try again next Wednesday! (I think I could handle being a Spring Break Millionaire too.)

I appreciate the verbal positive comments I've been receiving about the website here. It's nice to know that it IS actually a useful and enjoyable information resource for the pool - because I enjoy putting it together. However, time is the commodity of this age and I gotta tell ya - if I didn't receive that feedback? There wasn't really any point in providing information to the pool in this way. So again...THANKS!

(Skip the next paragraph if you are not a numbers nerd....)

I tried something a little different with the numbers this time. Statistically speaking the first five numbers about 78 percent of the time show up as either 2 odd and 3 even or the other way around. You don't get many 1 even 4 odd, 5 even 1 odd - or the opposite. But normally I throw a few of those in the mix anyway. Usually amounts to about 10 more picks. I decided since the odds are so long those mixes will show up anyway and IF they did come up even longer odds to get the numbers right within that mix that I'd just throw those out and go with all 2 even, 3 odd and the reverse. This would give us a greater number mix of those two groups. It was a good decision I think because that's exactly what happened. The draw was indeed 2 even and 3 odd last night. The spreadsheet also correctly predicted the sum range of the first five based on past draws. Finally, I also think that I'm more happy with the way it's picking powerballs too. If you don't get the powerball right you've really got long odds to get 3 whiteballs right alone to win anything at all. Again, remember all this works ONLY when the draw shows a predictable pattern within those past parameters - when it doesn't? We're likely to win nothing. But when it does and if Lady Luck is also in our corner? We have the potential to win some big money as we demonstrated this past October.

No comments:

Hits