Friday, March 02, 2007

The Secret?

I ran into an documentary on Google Video last weekend that I wanted to share with the pool. I was fortunate to catch the full length version - but apparently that has since been yanked. Here is a link to the first 20 minutes of it called: The Secret

What impressed me was that the documentary contained a virtual Who's Who of motivational speakers and authors. All of them pretty much agreed what The Secret was. The concept is really not new and I don't think I'll be spoiling the clip by revealing the premise of The Secret: Your thoughts, your actions, your attitude can have profound effects on what occurs in the Real World. Just about all of us can think of seemingly insignificant or profound instances in our lives where an event has occurred and the first thought that pops into one's mind is, "I was just thinking about that or thought about that a few days ago..." The friend who you haven't seen in years that suddenly calls. The determination to accomplish a task that perhaps friends or family said couldn't be done - yet you do it. The need for anything that apparently pops out of nowhere. What the speakers emphasized is that most of the time these seemingly random events occur through our unconscious thoughts and actions - but what's more powerful is what can occur by deliberately focusing on what we would like to come to pass. Of course this brings up all sorts of possible discussions on the role of Divine Intervention, the will of others, happenstance, and other Forces at Work here - but the reason I mention The Secret is that I think that it can (and does) have an influence on our chances of winning something....

I'm not asking for a collective meeting where we all sit around waving faux million dollar checks and sing John Lennon songs - but what I am suggesting is the idea that the overall general positive attitude I get from members of the pool here and the discussions I've had about what we would do with our proceeds if we do win are a GOOD thing! So KEEP IT UP....you just never know! And watch The Secret. Let me know what you think.... John

No comments:

Hits